Power Rangers Movie Reboot – Do’s and Dont’s
If you’re an 80’s baby and you haven’t seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles yet, then you need to get on it. Anywho, the concept of reliving early 90’s T.V. Shows got me thinking about the upcoming Power Rangers movie that was recently announced by Saban and Lionsgate. Little is known about the project other than that it will be a “re-imagining” of the original series and that the studio has enlisted the writers of X-Men: First Class to create the script. It sounds like they are on the right track, but in true know-it-all blogger fashion, I’ve decided to give a few Do’s and Dont’s for the upcoming Mighty Morphin Power Rangers film reboot to make sure they don’t make the same mistakes that caused TMNT to get a horde of negative reviews.
1. Update The Special Effects: This goes without saying. With all of the advances in technology, it makes you wonder why the t.v. show still has sparks flying out of people’s chest when they get hit. Big screen will mean big budget. And that should lead to a product that doesn’t look like it was filmed with a camcorder. As for the zords, this is a perfect opportunity to use some awesome CGI. Think Transformers Dinobots.
2. Include Intricately choreographed fight scenes: Because it’s all about the kung-fu man. Several members of the original cast were actually skilled martial artists. With so many movies with great fight choreography, it makes sense to have some jaw dropping flipping and fighting this time around.
3. Bring Back Zordon and Alpha 5:
4. Use the original villains:
Rita Rapulsa was weird and not very threatening, but if you’re going to do a reboot, she has to be included. And this time, let’s try to make her lips match her voice. Then there’s Goldar, the golden monkey dude who refused to die. He’s got to be in there giving the rangers the business. And most importantly, the Putty patrol. They never really did anything other than get their asses kicked, but hey, someone’s gotta be there to make the Rangers look good.
5. Have Cameos: Unfortunately, the original yellow ranger Thuy Trang passed away in a car accident in 2001 (R.I.P Trini). But those other guys probably aren’t busy with anything. Everyone would love to see Jason, Zack, Billy, and Kimberly, as well as some other early rangers actors, pop up in there somewhere.
1. Include Bulk and Skull:
2. Use the Same Human Characters: While we’re on the subject of recasting, it would probably be a good idea not to recast any of the human rangers. If you find a new Jason, Zack, Trini, Billy, and Kimberly, we’ll just compare them to the originals and complain about why they aren’t as good. Let’s see some new teenagers with attitudes shall we.
3. Stereotype Rangers:
… And last, but not least… DO NOT include…
4. The Green Ranger:
#PowerRangers #MMPR #HaimSaban #MightyMorphinPowerRangersreboot #PowerRangersmovie #Lionsgate